Industrial Steel Fabrication: What It Means to Be a Custom Solutions Provider
Custom steel fabrication means many different things to many different industries, markets, and product applications.
A custom fabrication project can be as simple as a uniquely shaped part cut from sheet metal stock. In contrast, more specialized industrial steel projects may entail precision machining, welding, and assembly services in order to manufacture highly complex components and turnkey systems.
What Custom Manufacturing Means at Alloy Fabrication
Alloy Fabrication offers custom fabrication services to produce virtually any industrial steel product. This versatility is a result of our full range of in-house manufacturing capabilities which essentially allow us to work with more materials, more part sizes, and more complex/specialized design requirements.
What that means is we don’t simply produce standard parts or copies of products you can already find on the market. Rather, Alloy Fabrication considers your exact needs in design, dimensions, materials, and/or performance, then we quickly turn those specifications into real-world, American-made steel products.
3 Advantages of Custom Manufacturing vs. “Off-the-Shelf” Manufacturing
Partnering with an American contract manufacturer that specializes in highly customizable steel fabrication services offers many benefits to your project:
- An Optimized Fabrication Process: Because we design the custom fabrication process around each unique product, we are able to more efficiently optimize the process and offer a truly lean manufacturing solution. That means no wasted steps or labor, and thus the lowest overall production costs possible.
- …for a Truly Optimized Product: On the other side of the coin, an optimized fabrication process also yields an optimized final product. Compared to working around standard products that are available off the shelf, you have total design freedom to create the exact product you require.
- Upgrading or Replacing Outdated Equipment: An experienced industrial fabrication service provider is an invaluable partner to have when it comes to repairing, upgrading, and replacing your outdated or legacy equipment. We can often save our customers substantial time and money compared to hunting down expensive, hard-to-find OEM replacement parts. We can perform field repairs and other on-site fabrications to help industrial operations avoid downtime and costly equipment failures. Finally, we are able to manufacture complex custom fabricated components which allow you to upgrade or enhance the performance of your older legacy equipment, keeping it in service longer.
Common Types of Custom Steel Fabrications That We Manufacture:
At Alloy, we commonly manufacture a wide range of custom fabricated steel products for a diverse subset of industries – ranging from the construction industry to the medical sector:
- Custom fabricated industrial tools and equipment: Including industrial tanks, screw conveyors, furnace parts, and structural steel projects.
- Steel tube and steel pipe fabrications: Including tubular frames and other structural tubular fabrications, as well as custom welded piping.
- Complex welded assemblies: Including structural steel members, large industrial fabrications, and highly specialized builds such as modular process skids.
Quality American Contract Manufacturing for Custom Industrial Fabrications
Alloy provides full-service custom fabrication capabilities specializing in industrial steel products. Family-owned and operated from Reading, Pennsylvania since 1987, our company is proud to stand as one of the nation’s leading commercial fabricators.